The best time to hire a professional pest control exterminator is when you spot the first signs of an infestation. This includes getting weird smells, squeaking sounds, grease marks, chewed items, droppings, etc. If you do not take any active action, then the infestation is likely to increase and cause chaos.
There are things that you can do to help before the pest control experts come to your house. These are –
- Vacuum the place thoroughly
- Clean the sink and put away the dirty dishes
- Dispose of garbage properly
- Soak up wet spots and fix leaks
- Remove heavy furniture items
- Store food in airtight containers
No, it is not mandatory to wash the areas where pest control treatment has been done. In fact, it is generally advised to refrain from deep cleaning for a minimum of one week. However, the best solution is to ask the pest controllers when you can clean your house. You do not want to accidentally wash off the pest control before it can affect the pests.
It is vital that you opt for pest control services regularly even if you don’t see any pests. That is because there are many pests that remain hidden. If you don’t take action, they can multiply and lead to a severe infestation in no time.
There are many DIY tips that you can follow to prevent bugs from entering your house. These are-
- Usage of dish soap
- Using a mint mouthwash spray
- You can also use natural bug repellents like citronella, lavender, rosemary, sweet orange, etc.
- Using yellow tinted bulbs